The department, established in 2002 to conduct engineering chemistry class, has been expanded to include the following programmes.
B.Sc. Biochemistry with Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
B.Sc. Microbiology with Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology
The Association of the department of Chemistry and Biosciences organizes special lectures, symposium, seminars, workshops, quiz programmes and various competitions. It creates an excellent opportunity for the student to express the hidden talents, diverse knowledge and research findings in the leading issues in the field of life sciences. Students of B.Sc. Biochemistry with DMLT and B.Sc. Microbiology with DMLT undergo 20 days internship in reputed hospitals/clinical laboratories to improve their clinical laboratory skills.
- Well-equipped state-of-the-art laboratory with highly sophisticated equipments.
- Focus on imparting practical skill among the students.
- Industrial visits for better exposure.
- Motivation for research programmes.
- Encouraging the students to attend seminars and workshops.