The Department of Electrical & Electronics Engineering established in 2002 offers the following academic programmes at SRC:
1. B.Tech. Electrical & Electronics Engineering
2. B.Sc. Electronics & Computer Science
To educate, train and develop highly competent electrical & electronics engineers capable of designing modern & advanced circuits with diverse applications ranging from low voltage to extra high voltage applications.
The Department has a team of well-qualified faculty members with rich industrial and teaching experience. The areas of specialization of the faculty members include Power Electronics and Drives, Control Systems, Instrumentation Engineering, High Voltage Engineering and Power Systems.
- Photo Voltaic Systems (Renewable Energy)
- Power system Stability
- Process Control and Instrumentation
- DC-DC Converter
- Power Systems Optimization & Control
- Restructuring and Management of Power System
- Multilevel Inverter.
The Department has well established laboratories spread over an area of 3360 sq.ft. with the state- of- the art facilities such as
- Electrical Machines laboratory equipped with AC Motors (Induction type, Synchronous type)
DC Motors (Shunt, Series, Compound)
Generators (AC & DC)
Load Banks (Resistive, Inductive and Capacitive)
- Fully furnished Electrical Workshop
- Power Electronics laboratory equipped with
SCR,MOSFET,DIAC,TRIAC ,IGBT –Trainer module (Static charactristics)
Single,Three phase half and fully controlled converter
DC chopper using transistor with isolation driver circuit
Mc-Murray Bedford Inverter
AC chopper ,Speed control of Universal Motor using AC voltage controller
Series, Parallel Inverter,four quadrant DC chopper
- Advanced Electrical Engineering Simulation laboratory with software such as MATLAB,Pspice & ETAP .
- Measurement and Instrumentation laboratory with Flow, Vibration, Speed, Torque Measurement, Lead-Lag compensator, LVDT kit, Hysteresis Measurement Module, Modules for Kelvin's Double Bridge,Maxwell's Inductance Bridge, Anderson Bridge, Schering Bridge.
- Linear Integrated Circuits Laboratory equipped with IC - Trainer module, Function generators Digital Storage oscilloscope, CRO.
- Control Systems laboratory equipped with AC-DC Servomotors, Synchronous control Units, PID Controllers, Tachogenerators.
The Department has established Technical Forum in the Name of “ELPOWER” in 2004. The forum conducts National level conference, Technical workshops, and expert's seminar on emerging trends. The forum also provides the corridor for interacting students with eminent Industrial technocrats. The forum has conducted two National conferences, National Conference on Power Electronics &Drives (NCPED'09), National Conference on Power Quality (NCPQ'10), National Conference on Recent Trends in Power Systems (NCRTPS'13). It shows the way for new methods and practices in the field of Drives & control, for the student community. The forum organizes Energy conservation awareness program in frequent interval for the public. The Forum also releases the technical magazine “VICHAR” annually, to throw the light on young technocrats in the department. Real time applications based workshops on PCB Design and fabrications, Special electrical drives were conducted through the forum to impart hands on industrial experiences for the student community.