The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering established in 2002 and
offers the following academic programmes:
1. B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering
2. B.Sc. Communication & Computer Science
3. M.Sc. Applied Electronics
4. M.Tech. Communication Systems
To educate, train and develop highly qualified engineers capable of product and service upgradation in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering and meeting the demands of this challenging industry.
Well-experienced faculty members with rich industrial and academic background. Faculty members are specialized in VLSI, Embedded Systems, Communication Systems, Applied Electronics, Biomedical Instrumentation & Signal Processing.
- Some of the highlights of infrastructure in ECE department are:
- Laboratory housed in spacious area 3849.3 sq.ft
- Fiber optics communication laboratory for analog and digital communication
- Circuits laboratory with 30 MHz oscilloscopes, Digital trainers and linear IC testers
- Communication laboratory equipped with Analog and digital communication kits, 1GHz spectrum analyzer, CDMA mobile trainer Kits, Variety of signal sources, various types of antennas with TV, Radio kits
- Micro Processor and Micro controller laboratory consisting of 8085,8086,Z80 and 68000 microprocessor kits along with various interfaces, 8051Microcontroller kit with Keil Software and ATmega 8 microcontroller with AVR Studio.
- Microwave laboratory houses Solid state Klystron, Gunn diode, frequency meters and VSWR meters. The j-band and x-band experiments are conducted in this laboratory
- VLSI Lab is equipped with 30 systems with Modelsim, Multisim,Lab view and Matlab. (Version 7)
- DSP laboratory with TMS and ADSP Kits with interface to computers
- Students encouraged to present papers in competitions
- Students taken on industrial visit for better exposure
- Student seminars to promote communication skills
- Organization of summer schools for academically weak students
- Certificate courses in Circuit & Simulation, PCB fabrication, servicing of Radio & TV and training in Circuit design
- Arranging guest lecturers by experts from industries
- The Students Association ELCOM DAIS of ECE department organizes Technical events to motivate the students to gain mastery over their subjects and also know the recent trends in the field. It also inculcate organizing capabilities, team work, logical and lateral thinking.