The Department of Electronics & Communication Engineering established in 2002 and
offers the following academic programmes:
1. B.Tech. Electronics & Communication Engineering
2. B.Sc. Communication & Computer Science
To educate, train and develop highly qualified engineers capable of product and service upgradation in the field of Electronics & Communication Engineering and meeting the demands of this challenging industry.
Well-experienced faculty members with rich industrial and academic background. Faculty members are specialized in VLSI, Embedded Systems, Communication Systems, Applied Electronics, Biomedical Instrumentation & Signal Processing.
- Laboratory housed in spacious area 3849.3 sq.ft
- Fiber optics communication laboratory for analog and digital communication
- Circuits laboratory with 30 MHz oscilloscopes, 20 MHz Digital Storage oscilloscopes, Digital trainers and linear IC testers
- Communication laboratory equipped with Analog and digital communication kits, 1GHz spectrum analyzer, CDMA mobile trainer Kits, Variety of signal sources, various types of antennas with TV, Radio kits
- Micro Processor and Micro controller laboratory consisting of 8085,8086,Z80 and 68000 microprocessor kits along with various interfaces, 8051Microcontroller kit with Keil Software and ATmega 8 with AVR Studio, Atom Processor, ARM Processor along with all interfacing kits.
- Microwave laboratory houses Solid state Klystron, Gunn diode, frequency meters and VSWR meters. The j-band and x-band experiments are conducted in this laboratory.
- Simulation lab is equipped with 60 systems with Modelsim, Multisim,Lab view and Matlab R2009b and Scilab sotware.
- VLSI and DSP laboratory with FGPA/CPLD kits, ULK kits, TMS and ADSP Kits.
- Students encouraged to publish papers and present papers in conferences.
- Students taken on industrial visit for better exposure
- Student seminars to promote communication skills
- Certificate courses in Circuit & Simulation, PCB fabrication, servicing of Radio & TV, Power supply design and training in Circuit design
- Arranging guest lecturers by experts from industries
- The Students Association ELCOM DAIS organises mini project competitions and Technical events to motivate the students to gain mastery over their subjects and also know the recent trends in the field. It also inculcate organizing capabilities, team work, logical and lateral thinking.
- Conducted three National Conferences:
1. National Conference on Advanced Communication Technologies
2. National Conference on Recent Trends in Communication Engineering
3. National Conference on Advances in Wireless Technology.