The Department of Computer Science and Engineering established in 2002 offers the following academic programmes:
2. B.Tech. (Information Technology)
3. Bachelor of Computer Applications (BCA)
4. Master of Computer Applications (MCA)
5. M.Sc. (Computer Science)
- To educate, train and develop world class IT Professionals with not only hardware and software skills but also soft skills for professional success
- Provide intellectual inputs to knowledge based industries in the form of qualified and trained manpower
- Create facilities of training and research in new thrust areas of computing for promoting continuing education facilities
- Offer quality education through linkages with Industry and research organizations by offering need based courses.
- Promote education R&D for societal and rural development
Well-experienced faculty members with rich Industrial, Research and Academic background form the intellectual backbone of this department. Faculty members are specialized in Network Security, Mobile Computing, Data warehousing and mining, Parallel and Distributed Computing, Computational Intelligence, Image Processing and Software Engineering.
Three fully furnished and air-conditioned computer laboratories occupying an area of 8062 sq.ft. houses over 415 computers with state-of-the-art hardware and software running on WINDOWS 2003 Domain Server, WINDOWS 2003 Database Server, Redhat Linux Enterprise Server, Thin Client for Internet and Novell Netware 6.5 Server with Symantec End Point Corporate Edition 11 Software. The Laboratory is designed with Structured Cabling, implementing Star Network Topology using high-speed switches and equipped with a bandwidth of 50 Mbps for Internet.
Campus-Wide Wi-Fi Facility
Campus wide Wi-Fi facility for students and faculty available through out the day with 36 access points with following specification:
Aruba 3600 Controller
Aruba AP-93 802.11a/b/g/n Technology
Summit X450e-24p PoE Switch - 2 Nos.
HCL Intel XEON QUAD core 3 GHZ, 533 FSB 4GB RAM, 2 X 300GB SAS HDD - 3 Servers
HCL Intel XEON 2.4 GHZ, 533 FSB 1GB RAM, 2 X 36GB SCSI HDD - 3 Servers
HP xw4600 Workstation Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 8GB RAM, 1160 GB SATA HDD - 2 Systems
HCL Intel Pentium P IV @ 3 GHZ, 800 FSB 768 MB RAM, 40GB HDD with Multimedia Kit - 100 Systems
HP Compaq Intel Pentium P IV @ 2.4 GHZ 640 MB RAM, 40GB HDD with Multimedia Kit - 20 Systems
HCL Intel Pentium D @ 2.8 GHZ 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD - 65 Systems
Acer Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.86 GHZ 1GB RAM, 80GB HDD - 60 Systems
HCL Intel Core2 Duo@ 2.4 GHZ 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD - 60 Systems
HCL Intel Core2 Duo@ 1.86 GHZ 2 GB RAM, 160 GB HDD - 55 Systems
Dell Intel Quad Core 2.0 GHZ 2 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD - 4 Systems
Dell Dual Core 2.0 GHZ 1 GB RAM, 250 GB HDD - 3 Systems
Intel Atom 230 @ 1.6 GHZ 1 GB DDR 2 RAM, 160 GB HDD as Thin Clients - 40 Systems
Lipi Line Printer 6306 - 1 No.
Wipro Dot Matrix Printer - 10 Nos.
HP Inkjet - 2 Nos.
HP LaserJet Printers - 2 Nos.
Konica Minolta Laser Printer - 2 Nos.
Minolta over head scanner - 1 No.
Canon LBP 2900 Laser Printer - 1 No.
Benq Projectors - 2 Nos.
Microsoft School Desktop (Consisting of Office Pro, Windows upgrade and core client Access Licenses, Microsoft Visual Studio, Microsoft SQL CAL, Microsoft Windows 2003 Server Standard, Microsoft SQL Server Standard, Microsoft Media Kits for Windows XP, Office 2003, Visual Studio .Net 2003, Windows 2003 Server, SQL Server 2005 and Microsoft Visual Studio 2005, MSDN Academic Alliance) Borland C 3.0 for DOS and C++ 4.5 for Windows, Borland together Control Centre, Borland Caliber RM, Borland C# Builder Architect, Borland C++ Builder 6 Enterprises, Borland Delphi 8 Professional, Borland J Builder X Enterprises, Borland Kylix Enterprises, Borland Enterprise Server 6, Borland Star Team Enterprises Advantage, Borland InterBase.
Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Creative Suite, Macromedia Studio MX 2004, (Dream Weaver, Flash, Fireworks, Freehand), Macromedia Director, Red Hat Linux Enterprise Server, Tally 6.3(Multi Users), AutoCAD 2005, Oracle 9i Standard Edition, Mat Lab Release 14.0 Novell Netware 6.5, Symantec End Point Corporate Edition 11. Sify Forum ERP package.
UNIX - LINUX - REDHAT EL4 / EL5, SuSE, Fedora, Open Solaris, Ubuntu
R & D Activities
- Students are encouraged to present Papers and participate in Open Source Software development through SRC-FOSS open source association.
- Industrial Visits for better exposure to students are arranged.
- Association for “Excellence in Advance Computing Technology” (ExACT) is functioning and students are involved in presenting seminars, paper presentation and workshop.
- ExACT also conducts I-QUBE Techno fest.
- S-FOSS day is celebrated to encourage free and open source products.