Recognizing the complexity of the career planning process and the variety of options available to graduates, the Department of Training & Placement provides programmes and services to meet the professional development needs of students. The department partners with students in career management, from self-assessment to placement assistance in a career that meets individual goals. Throughout the year, senior executives and alumni from a variety of businesses participate in scheduled informal discussions about industry and career trends. Representatives share practical advice and insights gained from their backgrounds and experience. The uniqueness of the training activity is that the programme finds a place in the regular timetable of the University right from the first year. This moulds the students into 'rounded personalities'.
Activities of The department include
- Developing verbal and non-verbal communication skills
- Enhancing public speaking skills
- Imparting personality improvement through in-house and external expert faculty programmes
- Providing career guidance
- Administering aptitude and psychological tests
- Conducting group discussions and mock interview practice sessions
- Organizing entrepreneurship promotion programmes
- Arranging in-plant training and obtaining project work from industries
- Assisting in the coaching for TOEFL, GRE, GMAT and GATE in a simulated environment.
- Arranging on and off campus recruitments.
- Support the cognitive, behavioral and educational well-being of the students.
- Assist students identify their academic goals to facilitate improvement.
- Illuminate options and alternatives for problem solving.
- Support students in self introspection.
- Improvise students thinking and decision making process.
- Maintain open communication with friendly gestures.
- Conduct evening classes to strengthen preplacement activities and imparting technical and soft skills.